That’s a lot of notes.
- Avoid alliteration. Always.
- Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
- Avoid cliches like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
- Employ the vernacular.
- Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
- Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
- It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
1. ZIP code: Zone Improvement Plan code
2. M&M’s (chocolate): Mars & Murrie’s
3. Re: (in an email): Regarding (not reply!)
4. T9 (on cellphones): Texting on 9 keys
5. HTTP: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
6. Laser: Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation
7. JPEG: Joint Photographic Experts Group
8. IMAX (movies): Image Maximum
9. Radar: Radio Detection and Ranging
10. Lego: Leg Godt (“play well” in Danish)
11. Ok: Oll Korrect (“All Correct”)
12. Wi-fi: Wireless Fidelity
13. CAPTCHA (this): Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart
14. RSVP: Répondez S‘il Vous Plaît (“Reply Please”)
15. Yahoo! (the website): Yet Another Hierarchial Official Oracle
ahaha thank you! but nope, I’m not!haha just tryin’ out our school’s drumset! and I hope to learn how to play piano and drums someday :D
Done last summer. IDK why I chose my friend Pauline’s image to use for this artwork. Now I know, cause I’ll be missing her and this vector’s for her since she’ll be moving to Canada this May :( Farewell and I look forward to seeing you again! :)